TTL Update June 2020
Hello TTL Community,
The Tacoma Tool Library continues to put our community first to stay safe and healthy during the COVID-19 outbreak as we begin to resume our tool lending operations. We started this process in May working toward reopening by scheduling tool return pick-ups. We are now very excited to announce that all tool lending this summer will resume through tool reservations with deliveries and pick-ups by TTL with the following schedule:
- Virtual Open Hours: Thursdays, 5-7 pm
- TTL Board, Staff, and Volunteers will be available on Zoom to help with membership questions related to updating contact information, membership renewals, and tool reservations.
- A link to these Zoom sessions will be posted at 5:00 pm on the Member Resources page of the main website
- Deliveries: Fridays and Saturdays.
- Deliveries will be happening on Fridays and Saturdays with daily schedules determined by location and item requests.
- Requests must be made by Thursdays at 8 pm to be included with that weeks’ deliveries. We will strive to fulfill everyone’s request each week, however, we are still determining our full capacity as we start out this month.
- For help making a tool reservation view the walkthrough video on the Member Resources page of the main website and embedded bellow this announcement.
- Deliveries will be contactless but in following our liability agreement with members, the TTL member must be available on the designated day and time to receive tool loans.
- Returns will continue to be scheduled on Mondays and will also be determined by location and item types.
- Loan reminders will be sent out on the Thursday prior to the Monday due date of the loan to allow time to chat in the Virtual Open Hour sessions and schedule a pickup.
- Our Program Coordinator, Geoff Cole, will be contacting you by phone or email to schedule returns or arranging the return day while making your reservation.
- As tools are returned, they will be cleaned using CDC approved sanitizing solution and spend 72 hours in a “quarantine” period before they will be loaned again.
In addition to the above schedule, here are some additional notes to help answer other recent Frequently Asked Questions:
- The TTL shop space will remain closed until further notice and we are not offering a curbside pick-up option at this time.
- Anyone who joined or renewed in March, April, or May 2020 will have their next membership renewal date changed to 6/12/2021- extending those memberships
- New members that signed up online on or after March 14, or those that had not visited the TTL shop prior to the closure, will be contacted individually for identity verification purposes prior to making your first tool reservation.
- As we focus on resuming the tool lending program, we continue to suspend acceptance of any additional tool donations until further notice.
The Tacoma Tool Library continues to be a member-supported organization. Many have memberships that will need to be renewed prior to reserving tools this summer. To assist with how the process works, we have prepared a Member Resource page on our website with short walkthrough videos to help with reserving tools, renewing membership, changing your membership support level, updating contact information, and joining for the first time.
On our website, we have added two membership support levels in this time of need. There is now a COVID level this summer with a suggested annual donation of $10. Others may choose to make an additional contribution with the new GOGO level (Get One, Give One) with a suggested annual donation of $60 (Standard Membership plus $20 to fund a Low-Income Membership). If you wish to make a membership donation with cash or check, you will be able to pay later.
We acknowledge that things will not be perfect, however, our Program Coordinator has been working behind the scenes testing and revising the process during the closure, and we are confident that the Tacoma Tool Library will be able to serve our community in the safest way we are able for both members and staff. We will keep you informed of new procedures or adjustments along the way through this website in addition to our social media channels and newsletter (links below).
Thank you for your understanding and patience in these times. We look forward to seeing you again soon helping with access to the tools needed to complete your projects. Never hesitate to reach out to us with questions, and please take care of yourselves and one another.
-Tacoma Tool Library Steering Committee & Staff